Wednesday 8 June 2011

Backyard Boxing

After Judo last Saturday which I did not attend, my good friends Matiu and Jackson popped over for a bit of hand work training.

I had earlier that morning been to the Doctor to get heavy antibiotics for a skin infection from mat burn. I thought originally it was just going to be Jackson attending, but as I saw Matiu get out of the car I knew that this training was going to be hard for me and especially Jackson who is fighting in two Saturdays time.

Start off on pad work for 5-10min rounds of different combos. Then for 10-15mins light sparring. Try new things, keep your guard up and work hard.

Osu!

big left hook: 1,2,3 combinations are amazing when pulled off with fist to face contact

Tight jab with good face/jaw cover

Focus on your opponent's eyes

power jab is something I will be working on

Matiu's kicks are deadly. Balance and flexibility is so critical for kicking

Light sparring is fun. I hate to fight in shoes.

Our sparring was very back and forward. Notice Matiu's foot inside mine?  Take down or inside leg kick looks good

One of the few shoots I got well. Timing and foot work is key to striking

No comments:

Post a Comment